To run a clinic efficiently, you need more than just a medical degree. Besides offering the best patient care possible, you must take strategic decisions to manage patient records, human resources and staffing, billing, and other processes required to support positive patient outcomes. Improving clinic efficiency requires careful evaluation and planning. If you are an individual doctor or someone running multi-user clinics and looking for information on running a clinic efficiently, here’s a useful read for you:
1. Implement the best Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software
In today’s digital age, one of the best ways to run your clinic efficiently is to leverage the power of technology. This means making sure that you use the best EMR software to maintain electronic medical records and make record case notes in less than a minute. Here we discuss more benefits of implementing the best EMR software:
- As EMR software keeps patient digital records accessible and secure, it allows coordination of care with other providers. Also, doctors can share prescriptions digitally.
- Effective management of patient follow-ups
- Doctors and staff can make case notes efficiently
- Patients can access their health records online and request for appointments, medication refills and update health status
Looking for the best EMR software for your clinic?
Explore Easy Clinic, a doctor-friendly clinic management software. It not only offers you the benefits of EMR, but you also get access to other benefits such as appointment scheduling, billing and payment.
It can also help in setting up your virtual clinic in less than a minute. As far as data security is concerned, you have nothing to worry about. Easy Clinic is built on the most modern technology providing bank level data security.Book a free 30 day trial.
2. Train the staff
There are no two ways that trained employees are going to be more efficient. Their work will translate into a better patient experience that has the patients coming back. However, to make sure that your staff is efficient, you have to go beyond the initial onboarding. Regular training not only enhances staff’s knowledge and skills but also makes them feel confident about the job they are doing. You can also invest time, resources and efforts in cross-training your staff, so that you won’t face problems if an employee leaves the clinic.
3. Get staff input
Ask staff what they want or think about various processes. Talking to staff can help you:
- Understand every employee’s point of view
- Learn about challenges at each level
- Discover ways for streamlining processes and plugging the gaps that you might otherwise miss
- Create processes that support employee morale
4. Increase patient engagement
Cancelled appointments and no shows create inefficiencies within the clinic’s workflow and impact patient outcomes. These lost appointments often result in lengthy wait times. Prevent no shows by communicating with patients about appointments. You can do so by encouraging them to opt into receiving automated appointment reminders by text message.